What is Problem Gambling?
When gambling behaviour adversely affects any aspects of one’s life, including family relationship, economy, work, emotions and health, s/he may suffer from gambling disorder.
When one’s gambling behaviour becomes pathological, s/he may
- Be irritable,
- Lose interests in family and friends,
- Lie about his/her actual gambling behaviour, or even find an excuse to gamble,
- Use credit card or borrow loans to gamble,
- Indulge in gambling, to an extent of procrastinating work or absence without proper excuse,
- Need to depend on others’ financial assistance, or gamble his/her living expense,
- Acquire money by fraud or theft.